Good today we will learn to knit a shawl type collar, which with our tips will be easy to do and will look wonderful your swearte with that necklace.
What Is A Shawl Collar?
A shawl-type collar is wider at the neck, which tapers according to the opening of the jacket or blouse, until it becomes the edge of the garment. A shawl-like necklace makes a piece of clothing instantly, it looks like it has a professional finish, and it’s not hard to do. You can add a shawl type necklace to any piece of clothing with a front opening, such as a vest, jacket or sweater.
- Place the model parts in the fabric and secure with pins. Cut the parts according to the model. Cut the same parts from the interface.
- Place the interface pieces on the collar pieces and pin them in place.
- Put the two necklace pieces together, directed correctly. Align all edges. Sew the two pieces together, following the seam at the back of the neck, using a distance of 6 mm. Repeat the procedure for the other side of the necklace.
- Place the two pieces of the necklace together with the right sides together. Sew the two pieces using a distance of 6 mm. Turn the necklace inside out.
- Secure the collar piece with pins around the neck opening, so that when the necklace is up, the edges of the seams are hidden under the edge of the necklace. Grasp all unfinished edges and the back of the collar with the back of the neck. Sew the collar in place, around the neck, using a distance of 6 mm.